…and not I because:
- my knowledge is limited, Your wisdom is infinite
- my heart is too small, Yours is more than enough to store love for everyone.
- I get offended and hurt easily, You are understanding and your tolerance for our shortcomings can circle the world twice over and beyond.
- I hold a grudge longer than I can hold my pee, You forgive and you forget.
- I don’t think I can stand a lot of people praying at the same time, must be really noisy.
- I can’t stand people crying at the same time, and constantly at that.
- I can multitask, but I don’t think I can solve all problems in a wink of an eye
- I am too emotional to give in to people’s requests of easy living, you are loving to allow trials to bring forth discipline.
- I am not good in names, I am terrible at remembering faces. You however know us intricately, you even numbered our hair!
- I can’t take insults and rejection, but you love everyone just the same.
There are many reasons why I am thankful You are God and not I. How do you do all this? How can you handle all this? I can’t even imagine myself playing God even for 24 hours. I would probably cause more damage than good. I scream and whine at a prick of a needle or when I stub my toe, imagine being beaten and nailed to the cross? I lie to save my face, I can never die to save the world.
So yeah, I am thankful You are God.
I won’t play God anymore and take matters into my hands. I won’t play God anymore and decide for myself. I won’t play God anymore but acknowledge my weaknesses and trust you.
I won’t play God at home, I won’t play God at work, I won’t play God anywhere at all.
I’m thankful you are our God I’m okay with that.